Dated: 11 June 2018
Welcome to Internet of Elephants. Your privacy is important to us.
Internet of Elephants and its affiliates ("IoE", "us", "our" or "we") is dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users ("users" or "you").
Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to information collected or received by IoE through your use of the Service
IoE is not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By visiting our website and using our Services, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy.
Information Collection and Use
IoE collects information as described below. IoE's primary goals in collecting and using information is to provide Services to you, improve our Service, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use. We store information on servers located in the United States and may store information on servers and equipment in other countries.
Communication Channels: What is collected? By which party and for what purpose?
Name and email address if you choose to actively opt-in to our newsletter. If you leave a comment on the blog, you may do so as a guest (anonymous), or with your name and email address and/or website address.
When the competition is run in collaboration with (conservation) partners, we will notify you if you win and request to share your information with the partner for the purpose of arranging for the shipment of awards/prizes.
Name and email address on MailChimp. If you opted in for our newsletter, we use your email address to keep you up to date on our Services with monthly, quarterly or bi-annual email newsletters.
Test User communication
Name, email address and service feedback on MailChimp and/or Google Drive. If you signed up to be a test user of our game, we use your email address to keep you up to date on our Services and product trials and store the data you disclose on Google Drive for research and product development purposes.
In person events, hackathon, focus group discussions. Name, email address, feedback data collected on Google Drive, Eventbrite and/or MailChimp. If you attended or signed up for any of our events (Hackathon, focus groups, etc.) you can voluntarily leave your contact information to be notified of services. We keep the information that you volunteered about yourself on Google Drive, MailChimp lists and on our Eventbrite account.
Feedback data, poll data (anonymous or with your email address if you voluntarily offered it) collected on Google Drive. If you joined our Facebook group of testers, we keep data on polls and feedback through Google forms on google drive.
Games and Apps
iOS and Android Platforms
For the IoE app Safari Central, we use Facebook analytics to collect aggregate information about our users based on their IP address. This aggregate information can include demographics, location, and in-app activity. This aggregate information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends.
Facebook may collect or receive information from the app and use that information to provide users with measurement services and targeted ads. Users can opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting through Facebook.
When you download the app, you use an app store such as the Apple App Store or Android Play Store and will be required to use your customer ID for your purchase. We do not have access to any of the personal information users share with these app stores.
We may occasionally send you push-notifications through our mobile applications to send you game updates, high scores and other service-related notifications that may be of importance to you. To receive push notifications, you have to opt-in through the app. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
Users are able to share their photos directly with their own Social Networks and through the Safari Central Facebook feed of user photos from across the world, to promote use of the app and to benefit conservation efforts.
Selected photos will be used by IoE and our conservation partners to document the use of our Service and promote it for the benefit of conservation efforts.
How We Use Information
We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- create game accounts and allow users to play our games;
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by IoE and our selected partners;
- enable you to communicate with other users; and
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your information
IoE does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- With your explicit consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other conservation organisations for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies. If you no longer wish to allow us to share your information with third parties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer wish to receive such communications from third parties, please contact that third party directly.
- IoE may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Example of these services include analyzing data and providing customer support. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for IoE.
- We may release your information as permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; investigate fraud, respond to a government request, enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- IoE may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via email and/or notice on our site of any change in ownership or users of your personal information.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
Changes to the Policy
IoE takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.In case any of our security is compromised and someone has access to our data (which may include users name and email addresses), we will notify you as soon as we are aware of the breach.
Access to Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete inaccuracies by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We retain the individual information (name, email address) you have provided us until you unsubscribe or opt out of our services.
Our Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Service. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address, or submit any photos through our app Safari Central or our websites.
No one under the age of 13 may provide us with any personal information or photos. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, or IoE or a minor user (unknowingly) shares a photo featuring a minor online through IoE’s channels and you want it to be removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails to unsubscribe or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that these countries and jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction, and we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to enable transfer of information and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
Internet of Elephants Ltd.
The Foundry, Viking House 1st Floor
PO Box 00479-00606
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.